Friday, May 30, 2014

MTC Beginnings

Hello!

Everything is good so far, had my ups and downs but it has been a good experience. My companion is pretty cool, even though he knows WAY more Japanese than me because he took three years in high school, and he actually owns a post-production company that edits films and has worked as a director of photography. He is also on imdb.com so look up Ryan Ricks and see if there is anything cool he has done.

I am actually senior companion but only for the first four weeks and then they will swap it and I will be the junior. My district is pretty cool and they make it feel like EFY again, meeting new people and becoming their friend in less than 48 hours. We have an elder that can barely speak English let alone Japanese and he and his companion are rooming with me so I have some sort of an excuse to talk English in order for him to get more acquianted with the lingua franca of the MTC.

I have already learned how to introduce myself, pray, and bear my testimony. I also gave my first discussion in Japanese today, although Elder Ricks did all the hard stuff because I couldn't understand what Imura San (Mr. Imura) couldn't understand about Ten no Otosama (Heavenly Father). Luckily he knew a little more and we had a dictionary.  My teacher is really cool as well and is actually from Vegas, I think by Durango and 215 but I'm not sure because that was in the middle of him talking Japanese to me, and he is supposed to be the best in the whole joint.

Hope everything is going well back at home and abroad.

My email address is shawn.hall@myldsmail.net or you can send me a letter via dearelder.com.  Will look forward to hearing from you.

Love,

Elder Shawn Hall

No comments:

Post a Comment