Monday, September 15, 2014

Escape From Numazu Part 2

So the highlight of my week was when we decided to escape Numazu for the second time!  But instead of going all the way to Tokyo South accidentially, we decided to go to a town in our proselyting district called Atami which is about a half hour train ride from here in Numazu.  We meet someone on the street who had actually gone to a Protestant school over in America who we got an appointment with next week so we decided to check out the city, find his address, and maybe even create an Atami Branch while we are there. So, on Saturday, we packed up our bikes and went off on the train to Atami which is a city on the coast.   We got there in the early afternoon and, well, started dendoing!  It felt like those early pioneer missionaries going to a foreign country where they had never heard the Restored Gospel before or like the Final Frontier.  It is in the ward boundaries but there are no active members there.  Atami is set up really weird though.  It has super narrow streets and all of the houses and apartment buildings are squished together and when we housed we had to climb up a bunch of stairs.  The city was basically just squeezed onto a hill and a ton of people live in it.  So we ditched the bikes a lot because it was too steep to ride up it.  I will have to take pictures when I go again Thursday for our lesson.

But while we were in Atami, we also ate at McDonalds.  Now, McD`s is pretty much the same in Japan as in America but some things are different.  One of the special items they had for a limited time was something called a Purple Sweet Potatoes Milkshake.  And so I am trying to live the culture as much as possible (#hashifordayz) I ordered it off the dollar menu.  First off, purple, what the heck?  And sweet potatoe in a milk shake?  I guess yams and sweet potatoes work well with marshallows (shotout to my Mom`s amazing yams with marshallows on top we have every Thanksgiving) so I tried it out.  The purple still weirded me out but it was actually really good.  So next time you go to McDonald`s see if they have the Purple Sweet Potatoes Milkshake for me.

I`d just like to quickly apologize for not being able to answer everyone every week but know that I love everyone and I read all of your e-mails.  Keep up the good work and know I always love to hear from you.  If you want any specific questions answered, I will try to answer them next week.  But everyone have a great week and keep on going.  Thanks for all of you being a great example to me!
あいしてます!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment