Sunday, April 17, 2016

Long Time, No Transfer

This week was CRAZY!  We had transfer calls on Saturday and I thought I was going to be transferred so we set up all these "meet Elder Hall for the last time" appointments.  They all went pretty well and we are eating out with some members tonight as well.  Biggest highlight of the week definitely was yesterday when we FINALLY got our Uganadan investigator Baker to come to church.  It was a tight squeeze in the car as we went with a stalwart member to go and pick him up (which took thirty minutes of daily planning late last night to find someone to do it).  We were kept really busy throughout the week starting off on Tuesday with a baptismal interview.  It was the first time I got the opportunity to interview someone who is Japanese because the other time I interviewed someone they were from Italy and I had to use a translator. It took some time up with travel but it was so cool to meet someone who was ready to be baptized and had a strong connection with God.

The news you have all wanted to hear though is that I am being transferred to Yokkaichi.  I will be opening an area with a second set of elders with another old missionary Elder Bunch who will kill me off.  Not exactly what I was expecting and even though I won't be with a young missionary like I really wanted, I am pretty excited to feel what a whitewash is like and just have six weeks to go Y.O.L.O. and work my hardest.  It is really sad to leave Fukutoku where I have been for over a half a year and where I have so many friends.  I have grown so much in my service here amongst investigators and my fellow missionaries and will always treasure my time here and the spiritual growth I have experienced.  It is hard to say goodbye but I guess it is a good warmup for when I have to say goodbye to Japan and my mission as a whole.

As I am transferring away to go and die, I have pondered a lot about my progress and how I was able to learn so much so that I can continue that pattern in my next area.  As I have pondered the subject, two quotes from Elder Owens conference talk stood out to me.  "In God’s eyes, the greatest leaders have always been the greatest followers." and "There will be times when the path ahead seems dark, but keep following the Savior. He knows the way; in fact, He is the way."  The times I have relied on Christ in my life are the times that I have grown the most while when I forget Him and try to rely on my own power, that is when I fail and stumble off the path.  As we follow Christ's example, we will be more converted and become the examples and leaders the Lord intended us to be.  I am sad that I will be leaving so many good mission friends in missionaries, members, and investigators but I am ever grateful for the impact they have had on me and hope that I helped them to the best of my ability. 

 I love you all and pray that we can all follow Christ's example to help our lives and those around you.  Have a great week!

Elder Hall
ホール長老

Ponderize Scripture
"Therefore, hold on thy way...fear not what man can do, for God shall be with you forever and ever."
-D&C 122:9

Monday Flashback
"So it has definitely been cool to see how the area was dead-in-the-water last transfer and just see how all these crazy miracles are happening now.  We are actually meeting new people and Weekly Planning is not just the same every week because we are meeting with more people so all of our investigators needs and concerns change.  Now I just got to work on my teaching!"
- "Super Sunday" 4/20/15  


Taking Baker to church

My desk!!

My bro Ikeda San!

.

No comments:

Post a Comment