Sunday, February 1, 2015

Elder Hall`s Body`s Forced Diet



So last week I e-mailed about the doctor`s telling me to not worry about losing weight and I am regretting it.  I would tell you more but I think letting my body do the talking would make more sense:

ELDER HALL`S INTERNAL ORGAN COUNCIL NOTES   Thursday January 29th, 2015

Brain: `We`d like to welcome everybody to this week`s meeting and we`d like to also thank the Esophagus for being a pipe org... I mean, for playing the pipe organ for today`s opening hymn and also thank the pancreas for saying the opening prayer.  Now without further ado, I would like to turn the time over for the first item of business, Diet and Fat Content.  Stomach, the floor is all yours.

Stomach: Thanks Brain.  Uh, this past week Elder Hall has been putting down some really rough food into me.  I have already had a rough week but Tuesday`s buffet full with American food really has been tiring me out.  So I was wondering if anyone else has had problems because of Elder Hall`s unbalanced diet.  Liver, Fat Cells, do you have anything to say?

Liver:  Yeah, I agree.  I have been working hard to not poison this stupid 19 year old from all the toxins he gives me.

Fat Cells: Yeah, me too.  I know food storage is a commandment and he wants to save a lot of nutrients for a rainy day but we are getting crowded, especially in the abdominal region.  If this keeps up, we will have to ask the skin to cover more of us.

Stomach:  Now I don`t want to blame anyone for this *taste buds**cough*cough* but does anyone have any solutions?

Small Intestine:  I remember hearing about that flu going around Takayama from that white blood cell last week in his training.  Would that maybe help his poor eating habits?

Stomach:  That doesn`t sound too bad.  Just a few days or maybe even a week to correct it.  It would take a lot of effort from the whole digestive system but I am all for it.  What do you guys say?

Brain:  All those in favor of letting Elder Hall receive the flu to correct his poor diet..

*ALL IN THE AFFIRMATIVE*

Brain:  Okay, sounds like a plan.  No immune system, you can take a break tomorrow and let the flu do it`s thing.  Now we will move onto the next item of business, How to Maintain Homeostasis In the Winter Months.  Emphatic System, the floor is yours...


So yeah, I believe that my body has gained up against me to make me healthy. I got sick on Friday morning and have been trying to rest and get better to go back out and work.  I am going to doctor tomorrow if it doesn`t get better but hopefully today`s napping will cleanse me.  I hope my immune system really only took one day off instead of the whole weekend because I have already lost one kilogram.

Anyways, this week has been good dendo wise.  We found three new high school investigators this past week and one of them really wants to know more about Christ while the other two want to practice English for now.  Also, we only have one more lesson to teach Casey before he is ready for baptism, now we just really have to set a date for the baptism.  We also went on an adventure to a town in our area that you can only access by bus and found a less active who still has good feelings toward the church.

And while being stuck in the apartment and the church as a missionary is stressful as you want to be doing productive stuff in helping bring out about God`s work, I found this scripture that has really comforted me in the past few days.  Romans 8:35,38-39

8:35  Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword?
8:38  For am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nothings to come,
8:39 Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in  Christ Jesus our Lord. 

So no matter what, even if you are a sick elder inside your apartment and can`t eat chicken without it doing weird stuff, Christ stills loves you.  Hope you all have a good, safe, and healthy week and that you feel Christ`s love in your life!


Love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment