Sunday, June 14, 2015

The Revenge of Ka (Can I call you Ka?)

It all started Friday after District Meeting when I lost the keys to the apartment.  Luckily they were in the senior couple`s car but at the time we tried to jam the window open to get in but it was foolproof.  We forgot to shut the window and the next morning when we woke up, my comp found 15 or so mosquitoes (ka in Japanese), all fat and juicy.  `I wonder why they are so big!`  We found out when we squashed them with our hands that they were fat because they took our blood!  Nice, fine, probably AB negative blood popped out onto the wall and on our hands!  I slept with Off! bug spray and we killed most of them but I am still finding random bumps all over me that itch so that sucks.

I have a homework assignment by the way.  Go to Google and look up the name Riley Ottesen.  You might find some pretty cool accolades and potential to be a big baseball player.  Think of that and then realize that is the guy I follow 24/7.  Yup pretty cool.  He was always humble about his baseball life but the story finally cracked open when he was helping coach a middle baseball team and they asked for autographs.  So yeah, it is pretty legit.  He is going home next Tuesday which is sad so someone new will be chilling with me here in Numazu.  At least we went out and had fun with the district bowling today!  I was 114 for the first game with a strike and then slowly I sucked more and more and only got 81 the next game.  It was still worth it.  This week too a member took us out to ramen and then we took us to a batting cage where I learned I can hit a baseball, just not very far.  Soon I hope to find a way to play basketball so I will continue searching.

My thought for the week is, everything ends.  It has been weird spending time with a missionary that will be home very soon.  It reminds me that there really is end to this mission one day far out there.  I never thought I would graduate from high school but here I am, two years after my graduation ceremony.  It creeps me out but life moves on.  I wish sometimes I would have enjoyed life more earlier on.  I am glad I prepared for the future but also living in the moment once in awhile is good.  So as a missionary I need to be more focused and work harder because one day it will all be over.  My stake president told me to live my mission so that when I get on that plane I will have no regrets.  Everyday, even though that sometimes feels like an eternity, I get closer to that plane ride but each day I have less and less time to help others as a missionary.  So don`t blink because life goes fast.  Take a moment to appreciate where you are in life, a mother of an elementary school kid, a high school student, a grandfather, or even a missionary and just realize the way things are won`t last forever.  So work hard now, live like you were dying, enjoy the little moments in life, and keep on working so that your future is better than your present. 

I love you all and have an amazing week!


Pilipino Love!

BLT in Japan

No comments:

Post a Comment