Monday, September 1, 2014

Escape From Numazu

Well, as I said last e-mail, I went out to Nagoya for the meeting with all of the beanchans who came over to Japan with me.  It was also for the trainers so me and Siedschlag Choro went over and we took the bullet train after connecting with a smaller train and then got off the train and took the Subway and walked twenty minutes to the honbu (mission home).  Then I was re-united with my doki (group of Elders that came over to Japan with me) and all of my best friends chorotachi from my MTC district.  We got trained by the Assistants to the President and President Yamashita himself.  Apparently since our doki is so huge some of us might be transfer three trainers but, I don`t know how I feel about that quite yet.  (Transfer three trainers means that one would train after three transfers)  After the three hour training, we ate out at some Chinese place and then took the Shinkatsen back to Numazu.  

We had learned at our training to not always do what our trainer does if it is not right and we can still be an example and make own choices but I didn`t really understand it until the train ride back.
Right after we had bought our ticket, we entered the nearest train.  We were seated and I said to Siedschalg, `Doesn`t this train take different stops than the one we got one coming to Nagoya?  Is this the right train?`  Then the train started to move.  We decided we were fine but then my trainer pulled out his phone later in the ride and starting laughing.  `What happpened?`  DUN, DUN, DUN!!!  `We are out of the mission!`  Turns out, the bean was right in the end.  So, we got off of the train, took a quick video and a picture to prove to everyone else of our adventure to Shin-Yokohama (a city in the Tokyo South Mission) and waited for a call from our zone leaders with further instructions.  It was around 8 so we thought we might need to stay the night in Tokyo South and maybe meet our MTC friends that went to Tokyo but it turns out we just got back on a train that took us to Fuji and we got to the Fuji Elders` apartment at 10 which is an hour past when we are supposed to return.  So although it was an accidental adventure, I learned that even beanchans can know what is going on, so always listen to your heart and use a map.  It was only 80 km out of the mission and we didn`t go all the way to Tokyo so it could have been a lot worse.

This week has been kind of weird because of our mishap and the training so not much has happened noteworthy dendo wise but summer vacation here just ended so we are expecting more usual appointments as some of our investigators come back from foreign countries.  So next week`s e-mail should be chalk full of more spiritual stuff.  

Hope everyone keeps the faith and has a great week as they relish in the start of football season and BYU football as I am now suffering from withdrawals.  

See you next week!

Here are pictures to prove our escape......
Shin-Yokohama is in the Tokyo South Mission

Wrong Mission.....Whoops!!

No comments:

Post a Comment