Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Numazu, It's Bean Fun!!

Hello Everyone!

So, a couple things for today.  First, this is my last day as a beanchan so tomorrow I will be fluent, or at least I hope.  Second, I will no longer be with Siedschlag Choro, sadly.  He`s been a good Dad out in the field and I will definitely miss him dearly.  He is actually going to Gifu to be District Leader and will be companions with Elder Esplin in my doki and will live in the same apartment as my MTC doryo Ricks Choro.  And third and possibly the craziest of all, I`m being transfered to...

So we were sitting in the apartment waiting to be called during transfer calls.  This week was senior week a.k.a. the beanchan is the senior companion for the week and has the phone so, when President Yamashita called, I picked it up out of formality.  I was expecting to send the phone immediately over to Siedschalg because the whole district decided at yogenkai (literally prophecy meeting where after DTM we guess where everyone is going) everyone said Siedschalg was going to become District Leader somewhere and that I would stay, all eight of us missionaries guessing said that.  So, I was pretty sure that Siedschlag would leave and I would stay as he had just finished training me and had been in Numazu for awhile which meant I would stay and get a new companion.  But, after President Yamashita asked me how I was doing, he said he needed to talk to me.  So I figured he was telling me who my companion would be here in Numazu after Siedschalg left but he preceeded to say, `Elda Hall, you will be transferring to Takayama and Elda Ban will be your new companion.`  Ban?  `V-a-u-g-h-n` Oh Vaughn.  So there it was, probably the biggest surprise of my life.  I handed the phone over to Siedschlag and once he got off, we both announced to the apartment that I was going to Takayama so I figured that Siedschalg would stay but then he said he was going to Gifu.  So, our apartment is becoming a futari and only Smith and Martini Choro will be staying and they will take over all of our investigators.

 If you don`t know anything about Takayama, well, basically it means tall mountain in Japanese so it is the one of the coldest areas in the mission.  And if you check your calendar it is October now so I am going to switch from the moderate, nice Vegas-like winter of the Shizuoka Zone to the freezing tundra of the Kanazawa Zone.  Good thing I bought all of that winter gear before coming out here!  Also, it is a super small city and it has only a small branch and I will be going from a district of eight people to a district of only four people who all live in the same apartment.  So it will be definitely interesting.  Don`t know how I will react to all of the changes but I am trying to go forth like Nephi instead of like Jonah (because that whole inside the whale thing doesn`t sound too appealing, unless it is warm in there...)  It is just sad that I had to say goodbye to everyone in my district and in the ward and our investigators so soon.  I know I will make new friends in Takayama but it may take some more time.  Luckily, my Vaughn Choro seems pretty cool as I got to talk to him over the phone the other day as I had to call to get the apartment address.  Also, luckily I have all my friends back at home.  Doesn`t matter if you are serving a mission in Asia, Argentina, Colorado, Nicaragua, New York, Florida, the MTC or if you are getting ready to go on a mission or if you live in Provo, Las Vegas, Orem, Idaho, Canada, or Denmark as I really appreciate the support and all of the prayers as I feel them every time I make a mistake or am having a bad day.  So thanks everyone for everything and helping me feel loved as I`ll need all of that as I say good-bye to my bean area and start things over again in the snowy land called Takayama.

Everyone have a good week and enjoy the season of Fall while you can!

Love you all!

Elder Hall

No comments:

Post a Comment