Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Super (lame) Typhoon!!

So apparently there was this super huge typhoon but we only barely got hit by a little bit of wind and rain.  The mission home still sent out texts to everyone to stay inside until further notice for our safety but that only lasted from six last night to 9 this morning.  So, I am safe, and we have a clear view of Mt. Fuji again with no clouds in the sky.  Maybe it hit the other part of the mission hard but I am still not sure. 

Oh, and by the way, if everyone thought I died because of the typhoon and my e-mail being Tuesday, it is only because yesterday was a holiday (Health and Sports Fitness Day or something like that) and President Yamashita has made our P-days on Tuesdays when there is a holiday on Monday so we can catch everyone who is home on those holidays.  But since today was P-day, we went as a district to Mt. Fuji and some waterfalls.  The waterfall was really beautiful and big and people come all around to see it.  It was pretty fun.  And also I forget to mention that one sister a couple of weeks ago got sent home for a couple of transfers in order to recover from Whooping Cough that she had somehow contracted.  While we miss Neves Shimai, we are excited to have the new edition of Garrett Shimai who is pretty fun too.  I hope you enjoy the pictures I am including in this post because I have been slacking on showing you pictures...

Anyways, this past week was the real time for General Conference.  We got DVD`s with it in Japanese and a couple of other languages (including the one I happen to speak, ENGLISH!!!) so we had the sacrament room for Japanese (since most people speak that language) and a small room for us English speakers, basically missionaries and the couple of gaigen who married Nihonjin.  But it was really good.  I still haven`t seen the last hour of conference, where I heard Elder Bednar talk to investigators, because we had an appointment right after so we had to leave early to bike there.  But it was awesome like usual.  The thing I got from it the most was that we need to always have the courage to face God and have a purpose in our life with our rutter faced in the right direction always looking to eternally progress and continue to get better.  And it is so true!  I just think back to my last month before going on a mission when I was chilling out in Vegas waking up at noon, eating Cheetos and watching SportsCenter and then staying up until one procrastinating packing for the MTC.  I didn`t have a purpose, no job, no school.  I didn`t have my rutter set in a certain direction, just doing donuts in the water with no to show for except for a lot of waves in the Ocean and a thinner O-zone layer from all of the gas I burnt up.  I compare that to now where I have an hour of language study to improve my language, I have every hour planned out in the benefit for others and a set path with my rutter always facing one way.  I am far from being perfect and sometimes my rutter veers me off the path that delays me but with my goals and everything written down, I am aiming somewhere.  Sometimes in life I just wanted to pass another semester at school or turn a year older but the thing with time is that it will always happen.  But I never really looked at myself and said, you know what, if I work on loving others for a month, I can grow and be a better person.  If I study math an hour a day after school, I can get better grades.  I never made goals really.  But now I am trying to do my best to have a direction so I won`t look back after this month and say, `Well, I didn`t improve but I got through a series on Netflix!` but I`ll say `Wow, look how far I have come in doing my home teaching or in my super hard college class or in exercising everyday`.  I think that is what the brethren wanted me to remember and really learn this conference.  I sure it was something different for everyone but I think if we can take what we learned from General Conference and really try to improve on that aspect and to get better at it, we will look back on today and say, `Wow, I am glad I choose then to improve so that I could be where I am today.`

Hope everyone watches and re-watches conference and everyone has a great week wherever they may be.  

Love ya all,








No comments:

Post a Comment