Sunday, December 7, 2014

Let It Sn....NO!!

This past week, well, the inevitable happened, it snowed.  Now, I would usually be excited by this but, well, I have to ride my bike in it.  Actually, on Sunday, we ditched the bikes for fear of sliding (which I did once later that day anyways) and woke up like usual but instead of personal study in the morning, we shoveled in front of the church.  Luckily the church is small so it didn`t take too long.  On Saturday since we couldn`t bike, we just went old fashion housing and invited people to our upcoming Christmas party.  It was really effective because usually it is like, `We are missionaries, gospel, gospel, gospel` which sometimes causes people to be uninterested since we are just `those Christians` but when we ask them the true meaning of Christmas, it still brings up Christ and we get to talk with people that wouldn`t have talked with us otherwise.  I am surprised that about 70 percent of the people we asked what the true meaning of Christmas was didn`t know but we explained it to them.  They always talk about Christmas cake which is a tradition in Japan were they eat cake on Christmas.

This week was pretty good except for the snow and a bunch of canceled appointments but, this week we have a Mission Tour and Elder Ringwood of the Seventy is going to come to Kanazawa Thursday.  I also found out today that we are having a Mission Conference in February and that Elder Ballard will be coming to speak to us.  He came and spoke to us in the MTC so Round 2 should be fun.  And this time I will get to shake his hand probably too.  And maybe even get a picture!
Speaking of pictures my camera is dead with no charger so I will get pictures to you all on a later date.

I also heard a word I hadn`t heard in seven months yesterday.  We were coming out of 7/11 and we started talking to two 20 something year olds smoking outside.  We talked about English and they were asking us questions.  `One was what is Holy fact?`  Fact, fact, hmm... oooohhh... Yeah don`t say that.  He said he heard it on Call of Duty or `Shi O D` because c is shi in Japanese.  So whoever is playing C.O.D. at 2 a.m. in the morning, watch the language because you never know what Japanese person will pick up on it.  We taught him how to say, `Don`t say that` so hopefully he will teach those people a lesson.

I hope everyone has a great week and keeps dendoing in your respective places.  I heard He is the Gift is something cool to use to do missionary work this Christmas but I haven`t used it, I don`t think they have it in Japanese.  

Have a good week and stay thirsty my frie... I mean, stay warm everyone.  

Love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment