Sunday, May 10, 2015

My First Trip to the Japanese Emergency Room





I saw a similar e-mail title in my friend in Nicaragua`s (shout out to Chase!) group e-mail awhile ago so I thought I would do the same thing.  Unfortunately, his was a joke and mine wasn`t.  Don`t worry though, I only went to the Emergency Room every other place was closed because of Golden Week.  I got meds and just went out the next day after resting the first couple of days in the week.  Luckily that is behind me and, as my companion calls it, Bronze Week is over, because it wasn`t a Golden Week, or a Silver one either.

Elders Hall and Martini....The Contagions!


So not much happened this week good, since my bike was also stolen.  We got back from the other area in the District Suwa and went to the bike parking to retrieve our bikes and I noticed I couldn`t find my bike since I didn`t remember where I had parked it.  After some searching, my companion found my white, classic, missionary helmet in someone else`s basket.  So, we called the police and filed out a report and hope they find it.  Luckily there was a highly feminine/cheap bike at the church I am now using called a Mamachari in Japanese.  So although it works, let`s just say no one will be stealing this bike anytime soon.  I sure do miss my mountain bike!

My new bike!

So with all of my troubles with week, I, of course, thought back to Elder Renlund`s `Latter-day Saints Keep On Trying`.  In his talk, he talks about how even though we aren`t perfect, we have to keep on trying.  As Mr. Wayne once said, `Why do we fall Bruce?  It`s so we can pick ourselves up again.`  How true is that.  Imagine if little Bruce had just given up on helping Gotham with the passing of his parents, we`d have no Batman!  Imagine if President Hinckley gave up as a missionary when he felt down, depressed, and homesick; even worse, we`d have no President Hinckley, a much better superhero than Batman!  What if our Moms gave up when they had us little brats come into the world?  Well, we wouldn`t be the people we are today!  Sometimes it is hard to keep on going.  Some days I just want to lie down in my futon and sleep the day off but that wouldn`t do any good!  It might be hard but it is always a better option to keep on trucking than to lie down.  Imagine if you were driving down a freeway and decided, `I`m tired of driving, I'm going to put it in park!`  Only disaster would come from that!  So keep on going!  You can do it!  Don`t leave any in the tank for the way back!  Keep on pushing!  You are always doing better than you think you are so keep on giving 100%!  So for this Mother`s Day I would like to thank my Mom for never giving up on me, no matter how many times I `forgot` to do the dishes or how many times I called my siblings a baby.  Thanks Mom for always keeping me going and for helping me develop a hardworking attitude!

Love you all and I wish all the mothers a Happy Mother`s Day!!!  So you next week!

Skyping with my family!


No comments:

Post a Comment